*

*

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Something old . . .

Well, it's only the middle of February, but I feel some spring cleaning coming on, out with the old and in with the new, but in order to ring in the new I must first focus on the old.  So for the next few posts I'll be playing catch up, showing some of my favorite older projects, and hopefully some new ones too, just to mix it up.  That way I can eventually just focus on new projects.
For this post I have 3 scrapbook pages I'll be showing.

 
#
There Was a Little Girl Who Had a Little Curl



  I loved this picture of my daughter in a little bandana with her curls popping out in the back.  I had a lot of fun mixing patterned paper for this one, it has a very busy look, but that was kind of what I was going for.  The summer colors and flowers are a great cheery accent.  For the title I didn't have letters that were the colors I wanted, so I ended up painting light green foam letters white for the "Little Girl" and painted white letters pink for the "Little Curl".  I just used regular old acrylic craft paint that I had laying around.  I loved adding doilies to this layout too, they just add a little feminine pop.  This was a scraplift and you can check out the original scrapper at www.jamiewarren.typepad.com

Little Monster

 

The sole purpose of this photo was to showcase the cute hoodie my son was wearing, but I don't care!  I love just taking pictures of the cute things my kids are wearing, it takes up less space than saving all of the clothes!  This is an extremely simple layout I created in either 2011 or 2012.  I loved that octopus stamp from K & Company and was glad I got to use it.  I just love octopus images :)  This was a scraplift from an older Scrapbooks Etc magazine layout, have no clue who originally did it or what issue it was from!


With You


This simple layout showcases some selfies I took with my kids one day.  I'm usually the one behind the camera and I hate, absolutely hate getting my picture taken, but I sucked it up since I have almost no pictures of myself with my kids.  I stapled a simple grid of hearts on the side to fill in the space and added several stamped images of the phrase "Lucky Me" which I pretty much had to cause I messed up and needed something to cover up my mistake.  I kept the rest of the layout really simple, only adding one other chipboard element.


No comments:

Post a Comment